Thursday, March 24, 2011

 

UFO Over Kananaskis

Although 2011 Canadian UFO report numbers started off strong during January and February, March reports are at a trickle. Nevertheless, we still get or hear about some cases, and the following is just the most recent.

The sighting occurred on Wednesday, March 23, 2011, in Kananaskis, Alberta, at about 11:00 pm. The witness noted:

I noticed a multicoloured light flashing in the southwest... At first it appeared almost globed shaped, with the lights dancing around (almost like when a diamond catches the light at just the right angle). It reminded me of... emergency vehicles with all the lights intermingling together.

I changed positions and went inside to look from the window upstairs, waking my husband for him to also take a look. I then grabbed my binoculars and went back outside. The object was more circular than globed, and did indeed have a series of lights moving around it. Red, blue or violet and whitish. Every few seconds it was as if a search light, emitting from the object, rotated around the sphere.

The object was moving slightly, yet stationary in the same area from when I first saw it. I was fascinated and continued to keep track of it in my binoculars for about 20 minutes. I went to get my camera, hoping to get it on film, but when I returned outside, the object had shifted and was more distant. I was not able to zoom in on it.

The sighting sounds very much like a star or planet, but Saturn was in the Southeast, not the Southwest, at 11 pm. It could have been a star, such as Rigel or Betelgeuse in Orion low on the horizon, since the latter star's redness would be striking. The fact that the UFO could not be zoomed in on argues strongly for an astronomical explanation. The twinkling would definitely create the flashes and colours.

I am grateful for the witness in sending the excellent observation report.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?